The history of Kerkira airport begins with the landing of
plane Heston Phoenix (shipping register SXAAH) on 22 March 1937, with governor
the Efstratio Xidi. At the duration of second world war it was used as shelter
after martial enterprises. Its runway today reaches 2.400 metres, width 45
metres. A small building as terminal was built 1962.In April 1965 the airport
became International and the first flight under ACC was realised with jet type
Comet of OLYMPIC AIRWAYS. In 1972 finished the manufacture of new terminal.