The Airport Kos is located in the village Antimachia, in
distance of 27 kms from the centre of Kos. The beginning of operation of airport
became on 4 April 1964, with runaway of length of 1200 metres. In October
1980 and in the increasing needs of passenger movement, was front inaugurated
the new Terminal, while the runaway had been extended in the 2400 metres already
from 1973. In 1997 a new building of arrivals was added in the installations of
Airport. The total area of building installations reaches the 3000 m2.